General terms and conditions:
- Rental Eligibility: The vehicle can be rented by individuals aged 21 to 75 years, holding a valid driver's license for a minimum of 2 years and a valid passport or ID card. The client must sign a rental agreement and acknowledge that the vehicle and all equipment are in good condition.
- Rental Duration: The customer must return the vehicle within the specified contract deadline. If an extension is required, the client should notify ALFA RENT at least 2 days in advance. A delayed return of more than 1 hour will incur an extra 24-hour charge. Without prior notice, the customer will be considered to have illegally seized the vehicle, leading to prosecution and criminal proceedings.
- Drop-off Locations: If the client wants to return the vehicle to a different location than the pick-up location, a fee of 50 EUR applies for drop-offs in Bitola or Ohrid Airport. For other locations, please contact an authorized person at ALFA RENT for pricing.
- Vehicle Care: The customer is responsible for maintaining the vehicle and conducting regular checks on engine oil, coolant fluid, battery, and tire pressure.
- Vehicle Repairs: All vehicle repairs or replacements of parts must be done at authorized service centers with prior approval from ALFA RENT.
- Changes to the Vehicle: If any changes are needed for the vehicle, the customer must contact an authorized person at the ALFA RENT office.
- Traffic Offenses: The customer is solely responsible for any traffic offenses committed during the rental period.
- Early Contract Termination: If the client terminates the contract early, there will be no refund of the paid amount.
Prohibited Use of the Vehicle:
Prohibited uses of the following, unless granted permission by ALFA RENT, shall be considered prohibited uses of the Vehicle:
- Driving the vehicle by anyone without first obtaining ALFA RENT written consent;
- By anyone who is not a qualified and licensed driver;
- To carry individuals or property for hire, livery, On-Demand service, or Transportation Network Company;
- To propel or tow any vehicle, trailer or other object;
- In any race, test or contest;
- For any illegal purpose or in the commission of a crime;
- To instruct an unlicensed person to operate the vehicle;
- If the vehicle is obtained from ALFA RENT by fraud or misrepresentation;
- To carry persons other than in the passenger compartment of the Vehicle;
- Loading the vehicle beyond its rated capacity;
- While under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicants such as drugs or narcotics or under any other physical or mental impairment which adversely affects the driver’s ability to operate the Vehicle;
- Intentionally causing damage to or loss of the Vehicle;
- On other than a paved road or graded private road or driveway;
- In an unsafe, reckless, grossly negligent, or wanton manner.
Liability of the Lessee for Damage:
- The Lessee is responsible for all damage to the vehicle, its parts, and its accessories not recognized under the terms and conditions of Casco Insurance.
- The lessee is liable for any damage caused to the vehicle, its parts, and its accessories as a result of improper use.
- The lessee shall also be liable for an unauthorized replacement of parts or equipment of the vehicle or the replacement of new parts with old or non-original parts.
- The Lessee is obliged to settle any damage sustained outside the specified conditions upon getting the receipt by ALFA RENT.
- The customer is also responsible for the amount of damage caused to the vehicle and with the vehicle during the lease, in case the insurance does not cover it for any reason.
- If the customer damages the vehicle and towing is required, the client must cover the amount and if the replacement vehicle is needed, ALFA RENT has the right to hold a 1000 Euro deposit for a replacement vehicle.
- If the vehicle itself is not in driving condition, then ALFA RENT A CAR will replace it with a replacement vehicle at its own expense.
- The Lessee will be charged for lost or damaged documents, keys, spare tires, snow chains, and tire repair kit as per the price list.
- Losing of traffic license - 100 EUR;
- Losing of the key - 250 EUR;
- Losing of green card - 30 EUR;
- Loosing of a spare tire – 150 EUR;
- Loosing of snow chains – 30 EUR;
- Loosing of tire repair kit – 70 EUR (if there are any at the pick-up time).
- A deposit of 500 EUR plus 18% VAT is required at the beginning of the rental period.
- The deposit may be used to cover any damages to the vehicle and its parts and will be refunded upon vehicle return in the same condition.
- The vehicle must be returned with the same amount of fuel as received.
- If returned with less fuel, a refuel service charge per liter will apply.
The cost of this service is the current market price per litter of gas plus 1 EUR for a litter of gas. The refueling service charge will be determined by estimating the difference in fuel level shown on the fuel gauge from the time Vehicle is rented to the time it is returned. The client shall not receive a refund or credit if the Vehicle is returned with more fuel than how it was received.
The vehicle insurance covers:
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW): over 500 Euro (no tax included), meaning that if damage above 500 Euro is done, the customer must pay 500 Euro, and the insurance pays the rest. Damage up to 500 Euro is paid by the client.
- Theft waiver (TW): over 500 Euro-Third party liability insurance: Includes 18% VAT.
The vehicle insurance does not cover:
- Damage caused by driver negligence or an unknown perpetrator to the undercarriage of the vehicle, the transmission, the tires, the rear-view mirrors, the vehicle interior, and the windscreen.
- Damage caused by an unauthorized driver.
- Engine damage caused by lack of engine oil, refueling of wrong fuel, or driver negligence.
- Damage caused by driving at an excessive speed than regulated on highways.
- Damage caused while driving the vehicle under the influence of alcohol, or other intoxicants such as drugs or narcotics that may cause physical or mental impairment which adversely affects the driver’s ability to operate the Vehicle;
- Full insurance covers all damages, including theft protection, for an additional daily fee.
- Full insurance does not cover excessive speed damages, interior, undercarriage, windshield, and tires (additional daily fees apply for tire and windshield insurance).
- Full insurance does not cover damages caused while driving the vehicle under the influence of alcohol, or other intoxicants such as drugs or narcotics that may cause physical or mental impairment which adversely affects the driver’s ability to operate the Vehicle;
- Full insurance is available for rental periods longer than 7 days.
Damage Insurance Exclusions:
- Damage caused by driver negligence, unauthorized drivers, engine issues due to negligence, excessive speed, or deliberate exterior/interior damage. Additionally, if the vehicle is driven by someone under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or if an accident occurs without a police record, it will not be covered by the insurance.
Theft insurance is not valid in the following cases:
- If the vehicle is left unlocked and if the vehicle is left with its documents and key inside.
Smoking and excessive dirt:
- Smoking in the vehicle incurs a 100 EUR fine.
- Tainted interior will be charged a 30 EUR cleaning fee.
- Excessive filthiness incurs a 20 EUR cleaning fee.
The client voluntarily allows ALFA RENT to have a copy of their travel documents.
ALFA RENT disclaims responsibility for damages resulting from non-compliance with the listed prohibitions.